What if I don’t have the paperwork?
If you wish to claim on a policy taken out in the last ten years where you have already paid off the loan or credit card, we appreciate you may no longer have any of the associated paperwork. If this is the case, we can try and trace the account details for you. Banks and other lenders are legally obliged to keep your information relating to finance for a period of six years, so we can try and obtain this information for you.
If you require help with reclaiming your payment protection insurance on a loan and credit card taken out in the last ten years and you still have some of the paperwork, this can help us process your claims more efficiently.
What if the policy is over six years old?
If your policy ended over six years ago and you still have the paperwork, you may also be eligible to reclaim and we can investigate your case. Please be aware that your chances of reclaiming may be reduced, as it will depend on the details you can remember about the sale.
How do I know if I am eligible to claim?
Using our Free Check service we can find out if there is an PPI added onto your accounts for free. You may be eligible to claim if:
- PPI was added to your finance without your knowledge, with you only realising after the finance had been taken out
- The salesperson implied that Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory or that by taking it out, you would have a better chance of being approved.
- The policy exclusions – e.g. the terms for cancelling the cover or exclusions such as stress and back problems, not pointed out to you.
- You were unemployed, retired or self-employed when the protection was sold to you.
- You had a medical problem or illness at the time of taking out the cover that could have kept you from working in the future.
- The term of loan did not match the term of the protection cover and was this not made clear
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then there is a chance that you have been mis-sold the insurance and may have a case to reclaim